The Bower, Killashee, Naas, Co. Kildare.
The Bower, Killashee, Naas, Co. Kildare.
- Country residence sitting on approx. 4.5 acres on the periphery of Naas town
- Excellent 'B' rated nine bedroom family home built in 1999 extending approx. 5,200 sq.ft
- Accommodation comprises of the main residence with large feature entrance hall, living room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, guest wc, family room, large utility with shower room and five bedrooms with two en-suite and large family bathroom.
- The annex is divided into four large en-suite bedrooms, dining area with own front door and has been run as a success B&B
- Approached by stone pillared entrance with gravel driveway, large stud railed paddock, mature grounds, well maintained lawn and garden
- Stable block housing three stables (serviced by electricity)
- Naas is a large town and is well served with a number of schools (both primary and post primary), shops, restaurants and other local amenities. In the vicinity, you also have three racecourses, Naas Golf Club, Naas, Tennis Club, Naas GAA, Naas Rugby Club, Naas Athletic Club as well as a leisure centre and a number of parks and children's playgrounds. Residents can also enjoy a variety of local walks including along the Grand Canal and at the nearby Punchestown racecourse
- Excellent transport links in Naas include regular bus services to Dublin city, nearby towns and villages and a local link bus route serving the town. Nearby there is also the train station in Sallins which is popular with city commuters and access to the M7/N7 is also close by
Type of Transaction
Turn over a new leaf as you travel down the tree lined drive and arrive at The Bower in Killashee. Coonan Property are delighted to present this beautiful residence to the market. Nestled among oak, beech, and chestnut trees, down a quiet lane off the Naas to Kilcullen road, The Bower is a vibrant country home that captivates the hearts of its visitors and has so much to offer a lucky new owner. It sits proudly on c. four and a half acres of lands which are bordered by trees and hedgerow and afford maximum seclusion and privacy to enjoy the outstanding landscape that envelopes you.
The property itself comprises of very generous proportions and does not skimp on accommodation space. There are nine bedrooms, of which six are ensuite, a kitchen/breakfast room, a large utility, a formal dining room, and a lounge, to mention a few. All of the indoor living space is substantial, yet the home feels warm and cheerful. It has a stunning feature staircase leading to the five first floor bedrooms. The other four are in the self-contained annex, which has been run successfully as a B&B. The whole setting is welcoming and full of character and charm, which is exactly as a country house should be.
Outdoors there are superbly kept mature gardens to enjoy, and a fabulous patio area which can be accessed from the rear of the property and is ideal for those long summer evenings. This part of the county is well known for its horse breeding and all things equestrian, and many opportunities exist locally to ride out, buy quality horses, or just enjoy a day at the races. There is a stable block housing three stables on the property also, which offers a readymade opportunity to any horse lovers.
The location of this country home is excellent. It exudes peace and privacy, yet Naas is merely two kilometres away. It is a wonderful town with an abundance of services and an ideal location for a family of any age or stage. There are numerous local amenities a short drive away. Schools, shops, pubs and restaurants, medical facilities, sport and leisure facilities, hair and beauty services, and many more can be found here.
Onward travel can be done with ease from The Bower. Access to the M7 is convenient and gives speedy commute times to the rest of the country. The M50 is less than thirty minutes away by road, Dublin Airport can be reached within forty-five minutes, as can Dublin City Centre. Naas also has access to several bus routes which provide local and nationwide transfers. Sallins is close by and provides a superb rail service to Dublin's Heuston Station and countrywide.
Large feature entrance hall, living room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, guest wc, family room, large utility with shower room, and four large en-suite bedrooms and dining area currently providing bed and breakfast accommodation.
Feature staircase to open plan landing area with five large bedrooms (two en-suite) and large family bathroom.
Stone pillared entrance with gravel driveway
Large stud railed paddock to front
Private paved patio area with access from rear of house
Well maintained lawns and gardens with an array of flowers, shrubs and mature trees
Stable block with three large stables (serviced by electricity)
Set on approx. 4.5 acres
Extending to approx. 5,200 sq.ft.
Includes 4 bedroom annex with own door access
9 bedrooms (6 en-suite)
4 reception rooms
uPVC double glazed windows
3 zone heating controls
Three wood burning stoves (including back boiler to one)
Large floored attic space
Carpets, curtains included
Range cooker, fridge, washing machine included
Short drive to Naas
Bus stop close by
Opposite the popular Killashee House Hotel & Spa
Items Included in sale:
All items usually known as tenant's fixtures and fittings whether mentioned or not in these particulars together are excluded from the sale but some may be available by separate negotiation, such items include all carpets and curtains, light fittings, domestic electrical items and garden statuary.
Oil & solid fuel central heating
By prior appointment at any reasonable hour.
Eircode: W91 F290
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.